Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Monotype prints and news about Bosci

I've been making a lot of monotypes recently. I use a particularly responsive etching ink called noir vignette made by Charbonnel. The small ones here are printed at home on my tiny little intaglio proofing press. I love this process. It combines just the right balance of (some sort of) control over the materials with a large element of chance and randomness. These prints are a few from a large series of things 'caught in the headlights'.
I'v added a new link to the sidebar here on this blog. The link is to Bosci's blog. Bosci is our long-term house-guest animal friend. Bosci has lived here ever since being ejected from display in Nunhead cemetery some years ago now. Use the search tool to find older posts about him but most of all, please visit his site and even make a comment or two.







I am in the early stages of beginning to prepare for another Open Studio at the end of March. For those of you who live in London, its a great chance to come and visit and see much more of my work. Put the dates in your diaries; The weekend of March 28th and 29th from 11am to 6pm. This is part of a much larger local Festival in Telegraph Hill, South London. During that weekend there are many other artists studios to visit at the same time.
More to follow nearer the time




No comments: