Monday, January 22, 2007

Mystery objects

























Whilst going through a stack of prints recently I came across a long forgotten work that caught my attention. It is part of a small series of images I made a long time back. Ocassionally whilst watching a film I'd notice a brief intriguing glimpse of a picture or photo or paitning or suchlike on the wall of the film set. Usually these images are very blurred and brief and this series of works was about filling in the gaps and re-interpreting what the image might have been with of course the added influence of my particular slant. "video image" is such a work. Along similar lines "snowscene" is a work from my recent exhibition where its up to the viewer to use their own experience to determine exactly what is going on and what the shapes mean.

No comments: