Wednesday, September 05, 2018

Unreal Estates

I have been busy all summer making work for an exhibition that opens next week. 
The venue is Homefinders estate Agents at 146 Kingsland High St. E5 and the show will run from Sept. 13th to Oct 13th 2018. Six artsists are showing work relating directly to the properties for sale or rent in this popular part of London. I've made work that fuses some of my regular favourite themes along with ideas relating to urban living and trendy London. Each artist has been paired with a writer who has created written responses to the art. My collaborator is a fantastically inventive wordsmith called Karina Lickorish Quinn. Please pop in to see show. My works are dealing with a family of obsessive but failed beekeepers, people who keep and worship giant snakes in their pristine apartment, a strange character who grows fungus in his odd house and on his body, and some urban livers who claim to virtually germ free.....  




Helpful Cedric


The work on show will be in the style of my paintings on old found magazine or book pages like this one above. 

No comments: