Wednesday, May 13, 2009

coloured prints







I've been working a few new smaller prints recently and will post them over the next weeks. These are slightly different from my usual work in that they are more colourful. I hope you like them and make comments. These prints are from drypoint (scratched) plates where several different identically sized plates are printed onto the paper one on top of the other in sequence, each plate providing its own colour. Traditionally with the more normal metal plates one complication with this technique is that its tricky to ensure the images register exactly. I use a transparent polycarbonate plate material which means they can simply be placed on top of each other with all layers visible. I'm making these prints in small exclusive limited editions of only 5 or 10 so they will sell out much faster than my larger edition work.

No comments: